Celebrate Radiothon with us!
We’re calling on listeners and the Adelaide community to become station supporters during Radiothon so we can keep bringing you the best in local music, arts and ideas.
Become a supporter, win great prizes and tune in to our special events.
**UPDATE AS OF WEDNESDAY 18 NOVEMBER**
In the interest of public health and safety, we’ve decided to postpone all Radiothon events until further notice. We look forward to safely celebrating Radiothon with you soon!
If you sign up as a supporter during Radiothon, you’ll go into the draw to win some amazing daily prizes.
- Shiraz Gin and Adelaide Gin by Australian Distilling Co.
- Golden Ticket to The Gov
- Year’s Pass to the Capri Theatre
More prizes to be announced soon!
Radio Adelaide’s Pink Rabbit, HER and Pride and Prejudice hosts for a live-to-air night of queer joy. Expect extraordinary guests, interviews and panel discussions, and of course live music from some of Adelaide’s best. After all, Radio Adelaide’s Heaps Queer.
When: Thursday 19 November
Where: Your favourite, Radio Adelaide – Digital, online and 101.5 FM
Time: 6.30pm – 10.30pm
A countdown and performances of approximately 100 of the most played Australian songs on Radio Adelaide during 2020.
When: Monday 23 November – Friday 27 November
Where: Hear it on Local Noise – Digital, online and 101.5 FM
Time: 9am – 12pm
Kirrilee's Follicle Fundraiser
Fare thee well, luscious locks! For every 25 people who sign up as supporters during Radiothon, The Range host, Kirrilee Hay (pictured) will cut off one CD-width worth of hair.
If 150 people show their support – that’s a hairdo cut to the length of six CDs – she’ll be able to donate her locks to the Australia Alopecia Areata Foundation.
Support community-made Radio Adelaide
In 2020 we’ve not only survived a financial black hole, we’ve survived COVID too. Despite restrictions, our 200 volunteers quickly adapted to remote radio production and we stayed on air without disruption. While we enjoyed the new-found skills of working remotely from our dining rooms, wardrobes, and makeshift studios, we’re thrilled to be back in the Radio Adelaide studios and in the company of the broader station community.
Radiothon is a time to celebrate and support all the great things we do. This year we’ve:
- Trained 42 new people to be radio makers over eight courses
- Delivered two new Podcasting Essentials courses
- Produced new Podcast Works series for MOD, Adelaide City Council, and UniSA
- Developed and taught a brand new SACE course for Adelaide High School
- Hosted 45 Adelaide University Bachelor of Media students in semesters 1 & 2 for Radio and Online Production and Transforming Journalism courses
- Partnered with the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia to produce From the Embers: sharing the voices of nine communities devastated by the 2019 bushfire season
- Teamed with the Community Media Training Organisation to conduct advanced training in Governance, Outside Broadcasts and Sponsorship & Fundraising
- Started four new on air programs:
Flaneur Files (Thursdays, 10-11pm) understand the human condition with Adrian Szabo
Route ’66 (Sundays, 2-4pm) Americana music through the decades with Mike Wolke
Think About It (Sundays, 9-10am) public talks
The Focus (Tuesdays 7-8pm) domestic and international politics and economics with John Bruni and Neil Smart
Help us do even more in 2021!