Posted on: Sun 10 Dec 2017
As the holiday season is approaching we would be planning to visit places for sight seeing. However during this time as the temperature increases we shouldn’t forget the risk of bushfires. Before we visit any area please take note of the following
- Check the fire danger rating of the area
- Find information about the area visiting
- Find information about the alternative roads apart from the main road
- Keep contact details of the local council
- In the event of being caught in the middle of a bushfire do not try to drive through the fire. Move the vehicle away from the fire and turn off the engine. Get out of the vehicle and lay down avoiding the exposure of your body to the fire.
For more information you can visit the CFS website.