Combating Sexual Harassment on Campus
Posted on: Fri 22 Sep 2017
The results of the the Australian Human Rights Commission’s report about sexual harassment and assault at Australian universities was a sombre one. Maggie Lesse discusses what the University of Adelaide has implemented since the report was released and Lauren had a chat to the founder of Look Beyond Looks, Surabhi Shubhaj.
If you or someone you know needs someone or needs help, contact one of the following numbers:
- National Sexual Assault and Domestic Family Violence Counselling Hotline: 1800 RESPECT – 1800 737 732
- National university support line: 1800 572 224 (until November 30, 2017)
- Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 49
- Adelaide University Campus Security: 8313 5444
- Adelaide University has an online module called Consent Matters and it is available to all students.
Maggie and Lauren speaking about responses to the AHRC report and the founder of Look Beyond Looks.
Produced by Maggie Leese and Lauren Francis
Image sourced through Stuttershock from StepanPopov